The Fishponds Project
In 1939 the area known as The Park, which we now know as Fishponds and Queen Elizabeth II Field, was given to the village for the recreation of all. By 2004 the area was owned by Fields In Trust and the Parish Council took on the lease and the administration. At that time the Fishponds were a much neglected, inaccessible area. Verity Hughes was the leading light in the regeneration of the Fishponds and kindly gives us her Brief History of the Fishponds Project.